Journal Entry: Fri Oct 17, 2014, 1:28 PM
Hi ( ' v ' )/ I wanna tell you all kind of bull I heard people telling me in college.
1) "Don't cut your nails during the night, or vampire will come and visit you"
When someone told me this when I was cutting my nails at 8 p.m., I replied "Is it the Asian woman vampire in kimono, or the handsome Dracula from the west? Where would this vampire come from?"
2) "Karu! Don't sew the clothes you are wearing! Or you'll never get married!"
Since marriage is never a priority in my life, I kept on sewing.
3) "Pile up your bed with clothes or anything. Don't keep it empty and clean or a ghost will sit on the empty space on your bed"
If I kept the floor clean, the ghost will sit on the floor? Then what makes her think a ghost is not sitting on her head now? (I told her that and she freaked out. After that she wears a snow cap all day even indoors.)
4) "Don't crack your knuckles, or you get diabetes and high blood pressure."
Never scientifically proven.
5) *Slams window* "You have to close the window at sunset because spirits and ghost runs wild during this time"
And she thinks a closed window will stop them from creeping in? Ever heard they could pass through walls?
6) "Spitting left and right will keep you from having bad dreams" and this is from a guy.
Sorry, but I don't spit in my bedroom.
7) "I spray Himalayan salt water under my tongue to aid my bowel movement."
And I thought America is crazy for the "Less salt, less fat and less calorie" slogan. Apparently, here people drinks additional salt for health. (Note: That small bottle of Himalayan salt water spray is sold for 10 USD)
8) "You must collect all of the nails you cut, rinse them with water before throwing them away. Or they will come back in the afterlife all dirty"
Since it's going into the dirty garbage bin either way, why would I wash it first?
9) *Wears wrist watch to sleep* "Ah, you see, this watch helps me to sleep. It has a special stone inside and it helps me balance my chakra and makes me sleep better"
Great, insomnia is solved!
10) "You must turn all of your lights on during New Year, because ghost will enter any dark house."
And for a moment I felt sorry for the people with no electricity before I realized it was just bull.
There are a lot more ridiculous stuff like water cooler spreads HIV and some other stuff, but I think 10 is enough. I held to none of the concept above, and made through life without a problem.
All and all, college is a blast. My commission is closed, but I'm still working on the remaining commission list I have now on weekends. So don't worry!
See you soon. <3
Listening to: Looking at the world through Kotatsu
Reading: Speech and Communication
Watching: Chinese Massage
Playing: Paint Tool SAI
Eating: Meal Ready to Eat
Drinking: Choco Trinken